Friday, February 8, 2013

Lest We Furr-get: Republicans, Judging From Afar

By Sniffles

Chris Christie's umbrage at recent comments by Presidential physician Connie Mariano have given us cats a big, fat case of deja vu.

"I find it fascinating that a doctor in Arizona who has never met me, never examined me, never reviewed my medical history or records, knows nothing about my family history, could make a diagnosis from 2,400 miles away," Christie said.

So heartless of that mean doctor, right? We're sure that many of Christie's fellow Republicans have rushed to agree.

But at the same time, we wonder: How many of them were on the other side of things back in 2005, when medical doctor and then-Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said this:

"I question [Terri Schiavo being in a persistent vegetative state] based on a review of [her] video footage, which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office. She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli."

We cats remember the Schiavo farce well. And we guarantee that Bill Frist never met Schiavo, never examined her, never reviewed her medical history or records, and knew nothing about her family history.

No doubt about it: Frist and Tom DeLay and Jeb! Bush and all the meddling Republican busybodies should take Christie's advice to "shut up." (And stop interfering in Americans' private lives. But they never will, will they?)

No comments: