Friday, November 16, 2012

Signs Of The Times

By Sniffles

In the wake of the disaster that was the Willard Mitt Romney campaign, we cats were prepared to give them credit for one thing they seemed to do well: visibility.

(That's because right after Willard picked the heartless accountant from Wisconsin as his running mate, and came chugging through our quaint Civil War-era town on their kickoff whistle-stop tour, we noticed many Silly Willy yard signs springing up. Particularly in our immediate neighborhood, which was probably a Silly Willy enclave by about two to one.)

But if our good friends at our favorite right-wing, paranoid corner of the Internet, Free Republic, are to be believed, the Romney campaign was not even good at that.

Freeps who resigned themselves to putting up signage for Willard — not because they loved him but because they hatehatehate President Obama — have complained mightily about the bad service they got when they ordered merchandise from the Romney store. Here are some of their most amusing indictments.

"My yard sign shipped the day after the election. The e-mail confirmation was like an extra punch in the gut. I sent a reply for them to keep it since it was no longer needed or wanted, but they must have ignored that message too. I ordered the sign six weeks earlier."

"The items on the [Romney] site were not cheap. It's not like I'm strapped for $$$$, but I do feel ripped off by his campaign and how they treated people."

"I swear I thought this was just me! About six weeks before the election, I ordered a T-shirt and 12 campaign buttons/pins. I never received an e-mail confirmation, so I had no proof I had ordered the items other than my card being charged. I checked the Romney website and there was no good customer service contact, so I ended up e-mailing to just a general e-mail address. I never heard a word back from them!"

"Yes, this is the EXACT same thing that happened to me. I ordered two bumper stickers and two yard signs at the same time in late August. The stickers arrived in early October and the signs never arrived. I did, however, receive massive amounts of mail and numerous phone calls soliciting for donations to the campaign."

"Further evidence that Romney had idiots working for him... Campaign materials not delivered (materials that people PAID FOR), polling software that never worked right, disorganized campaign offices..."

"Why are there so many complaints of poor service by the campaign? Wasn’t Romney lionized as a genius when it came to running businesses?"

"Several items of clothing never showed up, but yard sign came very late. I assumed the fine union workers at the post office had something to do with it, as I wonder if they had anything to do with my absentee ballots missing as well."

"As a legal team volunteer who was basically ignored the entire time and just got endless fundraising e-mails in reply to my e-mails about where to go and what to do, I was not really surprised [Romney] lost. You know what — if he ran his office like he did the internals of the campaign, his Presidency would have been a complete disaster as well."

We cats say, amen. And we PURR.

No comments: