Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hillary Clinton Proves She Could Be President Tomorrow

By Miss Kubelik

We cats would love to see any of the crazy passengers in the Republican Presidential clown car stand up to 11 hours of testimony about a deeply complicated event in a foreign country and never once betray consistency, get a sentence out of syntax or lose their cool. Take it from us, it would never happen.

So in a weird way, should we thank Shiny-Face Trey Gowdy (why was he sweating so much? The room was freezing) and his stumblebum GOP colleagues for giving Secretary Clinton a platform on which she could turn in such a magnificent performance?

We're tempted — but based on this statement, which she made at the end of a long, long day, we won't:

"I came here because I said I would. And I've done everything I know to do, as have the people with whom I worked to try to answer your questions. I cannot do any more than that.

"The answers have changed not at all since I appeared two years ago before the House and the Senate. And I recognize that there are many currents at work in this committee, but I can only hope that the statesmanship overcomes the partisanship. At some point we have to do this. It is deeply unfortunate that something as serious as what happened in Benghazi could ever be used for partisan political purposes."

No comments: