Monday, November 3, 2008

Mr. Twenty-Eight Percent

By Baxter

Remember this guy? He's still President! But with record-setting low approval ratings.

That's why the McCain campaign has kept George W. Bush in the, um, closet this fall.

But we cats have long memories. We recall that John McCain said just the opposite last March:

"I appreciate [Bush's] endorsement. I appreciate his service to his country. I intend to have as much possible campaign events together, as it is in keeping with the President's heavy schedule. And I look forward to that opportunity. I look forward to the chance to bring our message to America.… I hope that the President will find time from his busy schedule to be out on the campaign trail with me."

Well, we cats know what happened. John McCain found someone else to rev up the Republican base. In the meantime, he'd like George W. Bush to remain The Forgotten Man.

No comments: