Monday, May 22, 2017

Another Thank-You Note To Write!

By Zamboni

We cats are routinely appalled at the racist pigs who populate the modern Republican Party. But even we have to admit that, occasionally, they're capable of shining some light through the cracks.

So we're penning a fast thank-you to the usually execrable Mississippi state representative Karl Oliver, who was so worked up over the removal of Confederate monuments in New Orleans that he called for the statues' opponents to be lynched.

So, ugh, okay — two points.

First, thank you, Normally Incredibly Stupid Mr. Oliver, for proving New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu's point that the monuments simply have to come down. Second, thank you for issuing an actual apology.

Here's what Oliver said:

"I am very sorry. [Lynched] is in no way, ever, an appropriate term. I deeply regret that I chose this word, and I do not condone the actions I referenced, nor do I believe them in my heart. I freely admit my choice of words was horribly wrong, and I humbly ask your forgiveness."

At least he didn't say he was sorry "if anyone was offended." We cats kinda halfway PURR.

No comments: