Thursday, September 1, 2016

Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses Yearning To Breathe Free

By Baxter

Before Donald Drumpf went to Mexico yesterday, we cats thought the following: There was a 25 percent chance that it would go well for him, a 50 percent chance that it would blow up in his face, and a 25 percent chance that it would end up mattering not one bit.

We're thinking that it was a combination of the last two — with an accent on "blow up in his face."

Call us crazy, but we don't get how yesterday's publicity stunts helped Team Trump-Pence. Everybody is pissed off: Mexicans, Hispanic Republicans, and, of course, anybody with a brain. Nobody seems to know what to make of it all. And we think that in addition to the high-profile erstwhile supporters who have peeled off as a result, it will probably cost Trump a few thousand votes in several key districts and states. It did nothing to build out his support beyond his base, and it did nothing to convince the already-committed Hillary voters to change their minds.

As for the President of Mexico, it appears that once again, Howard Dean was right: "You cannot have 'a meeting' with Donald Trump and emerge from it with any dignity." Mexicans are, let's just say, not pleased with Enrique Pena Nieto. "How can someone bring a person to his house who has insulted them so gravely?" We don't blame them. We cats PURR.

No comments: