We cats apologize if we're blogging a bit late in the game tonight, considering how quickly the South Carolina results came in. But it's easy to call a race early when it's won by 14 points.
We'll have more to say in the coming days, but meanwhile, here are a few off-the-top-of-our-furry-heads observations.
- As we cats write this, Gingrich has 40 percent of the South Carolina vote. Gosh. Romney hasn't won anything yet by 40 percent.
- What a repudiation of that irritating South Carolina Governor, Nikki Haley. We bet you $10,000 she's just been booted from Willard's VP short list.
- We advise Rick "Don't Google My Name" Santorum to skip Florida completely and go straight to the Super Tuesday states. Florida will do nothing but suck away huge amounts of Mr. Sweater Vest's money and time — for no reward whatsoever. Take a page from Ron Paul's book, Ricky: Go where the delegates are.
- Speaking of the Sunshine State, do we think that Willard had a bunch of Florida endorsements ready to be marched out onstage in Tampa or Orlando or Miami after he won South Carolina? Wonder what's going on with those now? Hm.
- We'd give a whole case of Star-Kist to see the South Carolina victory speech that the Romney folks had ready last weekend.
- But at least Willard has one consolation: Joe Paterno is having a worse day than he is.