Sunday, January 22, 2017

Women's March: A Few Of Our Favorite Things

By Sniffles

Most unexpected places for sister marches to spring up: Springfield, Missouri, Boise, Idaho, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Erbil, Iraq, and Antarctica (yep, Antarctica).

Thing that would have pleased Carrie Fisher the most: Lots of in-your-face signs with Princess Leia on them.

Signs with lines we wish we'd written: "Don't forget to set your clocks back 300 years." "Nyet my president." "I didn't come from your rib. You came from my vagina." "So bad, even introverts are here." "Look out, Trump — my generation votes next." "Keep your tiny hands off my rights." "I cannot believe we still have to protest this crap." And, carried by a man: "I know signs. I make the best signs. They're terrific. Everyone agrees."

Funniest moment on MSNBC: Camera pans over signs placed by protesters on the Ellipse in Washington. Pauses for a long time over one that says, "FUCK HIM."

Best sentiment to carry us through the next four years: "I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I will change the things I cannot accept." We cats PURR.

No comments: