We cats are happy to report that the Democratic team beat the Republican team at Congressional baseball last night, 11 to 2. A squish! (Now, don't tell us this is no time for partisan gloating about the score. If we wanted to get really partisan, we'd point out what great healthcare Steve Scalise has — unlike most of his constituents.)
And speaking of victories, we also saw this morning that US housing starts have taken a dive for the third month in a row. So we're wondering: Where's all that "winning" that Donald Trump promised?
- Why are we still seeing headlines about our losing war on opioids? We thought that one was going to be easy.
- Where are all the new coal country jobs?
- Shouldn't ISIS have been defeated by now?
- Why is the Taliban back to winning in Afghanistan?
- Yes, we know that the Senate is trying to rape Obamacare in secret. But whatever happened to "Repeal and Replace on Day One"? Day One is long gone.
- Why does the world's smartest businessman — with the best brain — still have so many executive vacancies at every level of government? (P.S. Most do not require Senate confirmation.)
- Where is Ivanka's comprehensive program to support working moms?
- Why are foreign leaders laughing at us?
- Why don't sports champions want to go to the White House and be with the greatest winner ever?